Audio guides for tourist attractions

 Rutland Lyddington Bede House


Lyddington Bede House was originally one wing of a medieval rural palace belonging to the Bishops of Lincoln. Although it is not known when it was first built, the land was certainly owned by the church in the time of William the Conqueror. The property was seized by the Crown in 1547 and was then passed on to Lord Burghley in 1600. It was he who then used it as an almshouse for the poor. In return for his generosity, he expected them to learn some kind of craft and to attend church. Among the things to see on its three floors are the bedesmen's rooms with tiny windows and fireplaces, and the Great Chamber, featuring a beautiful ceiling cornice

For further information please visit:
 
Historic Site
 

Rutland Lyddington Bede House Audio Guide Comments and Ratings

  Rate this Guide

There are no user comments for this guide. To rate this guide you need to log-in or register with AudioGuide2Go.
 

Nearest guides

Guide Miles Direction Guide Availability
Rutland Lyddington Bede House 0NE AG Available at the site  
Hidden Tracks between Fermynwoods and Lyveden New Bield 9.1SE AG Available at the site AG Downloadable elsewhere  

About Us | Site Map | Privacy Policy | Contact us | ©2006 AudioGuide2go
AudioGuide2go.com